Every food in Traditional Chinese Medicine has individual potent properties that can be highly beneficial for the body. By consuming specific foods, it is much easier to identify a certain problem and balance the entire system.
This is a healthy and a natural way to strengthen your metabolism. Furthermore, everyone is different. So, if some food affects a certain person, that doesn’t mean it can affect another the same way.
That is why it is important to pay attention to the symptoms and the reactions of your body.
Besides, as the temperatures drop each day, we are forced to change our diets and try different foods that can warm us up. But, salads, veggies, and fruits are now not enough. So, we need more food because of the energy we spend.
Therefore, you should try to make this recipe. But, before we tell you how to make ginger-garlic soup, here are a few reasons why you should consider it.
Benefits of Eating Ginger
One of the most potent foods for treating an upset stomach and nausea is ginger. It contains a significant amount of warming effects because of the gingerols it contains. The gingerols are heat-producing oils.
Furthermore, it improves the blood circulation in the body, which makes it a crucial food to have at home. Here is a list of all the other benefits that ginger can offer. Ginger can help treat or boost:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cold and flu
- Pain reduction
Benefits of Eating Garlic
People have used garlic as a remedy for centuries. They used it to treat respiratory problems, intestinal disorders, various ailments, skin diseases, wounds, etc. According to modern studies, garlic can improve cardiovascular health in various ways.
Moreover, it is beneficial for the blood, blood pressure and blood triglycerides.
Furthermore, it contains anti-inflammatory compounds which can help treat inflammation. As such, it can be useful for reducing the risk of developing some cancers, such as colon, breast, stomach, pancreatic, and esophagus cancer.
On top of that, the garlic can be useful for treating infections due to its antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties. Therefore, it can prove beneficial for destroying harmful bacteria. To get these effects though, you will have to eat a few cloves of raw garlic every day.
How to Pick the Right Garlic
When you want to purchase garlic, make sure that the skin is not broken, soft, moldy, shriveled, or has sprouted. Therefore, make sure you pick whole garlic if you want it to have the same benefits and improve your health.
Ginger-Garlic Soup Recipe
If you feel inspired to try out this recipe, here is what you will need.
- half a cup of fresh ginger
- 26 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 26 plus garlic gloves
- a quarter of organic butter
- 2 ¼ cups of thinly sliced onions
- half a cup of coconut milk
- 4 lemon wedges
- two tablespoons of olive oil
- three and a half cups of vegetable broth
- half a teaspoon of cayenne powder
- 1 and a half teaspoons of freshly chopped thyme
1. Start by preheating the oven to 350F.
2. Place the 26 garlic cloves in a dish ready for baking and add the olive oil and salt.
3. Mix them well and cover with foil.
4. Bake, the garlic for 45 minutes or until it turns brown.
5. When they are ready, transfer them to a bowl.
6. Melt the butter over medium heat and add the thyme, onion, cayenne powder and ginger. Cook everything until the onions become translucent, or for about 6 minutes.
7. Mix the roasted garlic and the other raw garlic cloves and put them in the pan with the onion and thyme. Let them cook for 3 minutes before you add the vegetable broth.
8. Cover everything and let it simmer for 20 minutes, or until the ginger is soft.
9. After that, add the coconut milk to the pan and bring it to a simmer.
10. Lastly, season everything with some salt and pepper and squeeze a bit of lemon wedge into the bowl.
Now your meal is ready to serve. To store it, put it in the fridge and enjoy whenever you like.