‘’Alkalinity’’ in the body refers to the capability of the body fluids to neutralize the acid. While ‘’acidity’’ in the body refers to the amount of acid, your body fluids have. The body fluids play a crucial role in the transportation of nutrients and oxygen in the body.
As a result, they can help with the lubrication, digestion, and protection of the body. But, for the fluids to properly function, they need to stay in the certain range of acidity levels to avoid any harm to come to the body.
So, you will need to have the proper pH levels in the body. More accurately, the pH scale has to run from 0-14. The higher the level, the more alkaline and oxygen-rich the body fluids will be. A neutral level of pH is 7.0. Therefore, if the pH level is too low, it can indicate that your body is too acidic.
But, the problem is that most people never test their pH levels. So, it is hard for them to recognize the basic symptoms
6 Signs Your Body Is Too Acidic
Here are some of the most common symptoms that indicate that your body is too acidic.
1. Weak Bones
To function properly, the body needs all the fluids. Therefore, it will do anything within its power to maintain an alkaline balance. That is why the body will try to compensate by using all the minerals from the other organs and tissues.
In the end, the body will get all the calcium from the bones and restore the strength. However, your bones will become weaker in the process. They lack calcium and can’t neutralize the acidity in the body. So, if your bones break too easily or you have osteoporosis, it could mean that your body is too acidic.
If that is the case, then you have to stay away from acidic foods such as soda, beef, and caffeine.
2. Skin Problems
Having skin problems at a young age is normal. However, when you get older, and the pH level in the skin is too low than this can cause a problem. Since the skin is one of the main detoxifying organ in the body, it needs to function properly.
But when there is too much acid in the blood, the skin becomes more prone to toxins and bacteria. When that happens, the skin will try to flush the harmful bacteria out, but the liver can’t get rid of all the acidic toxicity from the body.
As a result, acne, rashes, eczema, and allergies occur.
3. Muscle Pain
An excessive amount of acid in the body can make the muscles constrict. This problem can affect the flow of oxygen. As a result, the body suffers from oxygen deprivation, and people are more prone to strains.
Also, this problem obstructs the absorption of vitamins and nutrients in the blood. To keep functioning properly, the muscles overexert themselves and cause pain and soreness. Therefore, experiencing too much muscle pain could mean that there is too much acidity in the body.
4. Excess Weight
It is common for obese people to have excess waste in their body in the form of acid. Since their metabolism can’t eliminate the excess acid from the lymph system, colon, skin, and kidneys, their organs try to flush out all the harmful toxins.
However, they are overwhelmed by the increased level of toxins in the system. That is why the body pushes the acid into fat tissues and causes the body to be overweight. This is one of the main reason why you can’t lose weight.
If your body is too acidic, all the fat cells have to store the excess acid.
5. Mucus Buildup
The body naturally produces mucus as a form of defense mechanism against acid. It tries to flush out the excess acid from the body through the nasal passage. That is why having mucus could be a sign of a high level of acid in the system.
If that is the case, you need to consult with your doctor. He or she will give you the proper medication you need.
6. Dental Problems
Since the excess acid levels in the body can use all the calcium in the teeth, dental problems could be a sign of too much acid in the body. According to a study in 2015, published in the International Journal of Chemical Engineering, low pH levels can remove all the minerals in the tooth enamel.
As a result, it is important to stay away from sugary foods and drinks. These foods can be a source of bacteria. When the acid levels in the body start to increase, people experience pain and extreme sensitivity to various drinks or foods.
Here is what you will need to reduce the level of acid in the body and alkalize the system naturally.
- Drink lemon water every morning: Lemon water is an acidic fruit that can make a key difference. When this drink enters the body, it raises the pH levels and has an alkalizing effect. As such, it can be immensely beneficial for the body.
- Consume organic foods: It is important to avoid any processed or genetically modified foods. They contain an excessive amount of contaminants and chemicals that can be very harmful to the body.
- Take enough magnesium and calcium: Your body needs the adequate amount of magnesium and calcium. These minerals can help your bones, nervous system, teeth, heart, and muscles become healthy. Also, make sure you include a proper diet that can strengthen your bones.
- Eat more seafood, leafy green vegetables, dry fruits, whole-grain cereals and other foods that are rich in both calcium and magnesium. However, if you want to implement some supplements to your diet, make sure to consult with your doctor first.
- Keep the body hydrated: A hydrated body can properly flush out all the excess acid through the digestive tract. That is why it is crucial for the body to get the adequate amount of water that it needs.
- Avoid drinks such as caffeine, soft drinks, alcohol.
- Avoid foods such as processed foods, processed meats, and artificial sweeteners and sugars.
- Consume green leafy vegetables: It is important to eat more cucumber, spinach, kale, arugula, green peppers and other foods. They can be immensely healthy for your body.
Did you find this post helpful? Make sure to tell us your thoughts and leave us a COMMENT. If you liked this post, SHARE it with friends and family.