Cinnamon is a tasty ingredient that you can add to many meals. But, that is not the only thing it is good for. Cinnamon has antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. So, if you mix cinnamon with milk, it can create a potent remedy for treating many diseases.
Moreover, cinnamon milk can help you relax and sleep easier. On top of that, it can also be great for the skin, since it contains a ton of healthy properties. Furthermore, cinnamon prevents oxidation better than all the rest spices, except mint.
Cinnamon milk can also be a great warming tonic, especially during winter and autumn. It can help boost circulation throughout the body.
Benefits of Drinking Cinnamon Milk
Cinnamon milk has many benefits, here is a list of all them. It can:
- increase boon density, bone health, and help prevent arthritis
- treat the flu and cold, and even warm up the hands and feet if you drink it hot
- help lose weight ( it slows down the transportation of food in the stomach. As a result, it makes you feel fuller for a longer period )
- improves the oral health since it can strengthen the gums, reduce the cavities
- reduce the chance of insect bites
- improves digestion, like cramping, indigestion, diarrhea, and helps firm loose bowels
- help with controlling diabetes ( the body responds well to insulin and improves the healthy blood sugar levels)
- treats a sore throat
- make the skin shiny and reduces pimples if you use it as a face mask
- help the hair if you use it as a hair conditioner. (All you have to do is fill a spray bottle with cinnamon milk and apply it on the hair. Let it rest for 2-3 hours and wash your hair with shampoo as you would regularly do.)
Cinnamon Milk for Treating Insomnia
We all need a good night sleep. If we don’t sleep well, we might increase the chance of heart problems. Therefore, by consuming cinnamon milk, we might be able to treat insomnia and be able to sleep once again.
But, how do you make this remedy? It is very easy and fast. You will only need one cinnamon stick and a cup of milk. If you were wondering whether you can use cinnamon powder as well, the answer would be yes.
However, the powder dissolves harder, and it is not comfortable for the throat. To make it, start warming up the milk just before it begins to boil. Next put the milk in a cup with the cinnamon and cover it with a plate to allow it to steep for 10 minutes.
After the time is over, your remedy is ready. If you don’t like the taste, feel free to add some honey. Drink this before bed, or throughout the day, and enjoy your calm nights.
Have you tried this recipe before? Make sure to leave us a comment and tell us your thoughts. If you liked this post, make sure to share it with friends and family.