Probably a lot of people have experienced fast heartbeat. There are two easy and efficient techniques that will help you deal with your escalated heart rate.
Have a look and take care of yourself.
When the temperature of your body decreases, the rate of the heart slows down. This is a way of the nervous system to adjust the body to new circumstances. The fastest way to slow your heartbeat would be to cool your face. This is so because your face is closer to your heart than other body segments.
So, when someone has tachycardia it is advised to do the next:
- Take a deep bowl and fill it with cold water. It is better if the water is very cold, so you can put some ice in it.
- Take a breath and hold it, if you need, close your nose with your fingers, and put your face in the water for a couple of seconds.
- In case you do not have an appropriate bowl, use your hands to take cold water and put your face there. Also, you can take ice cubes and massage your face, especially the temple area.
This method influences the vagus nerve which has a role in controlling the heart rate.
How to do it?
- First, take a deep breath, tighten your abs.
- Second, use your thumb and index finger to close your nose. Close your mouth and eyes.
- Finally, have a try to breathe out through your closed nose and mouth, at the same time do not stop tightening your abs.
It is of extreme importance to remember that you should use neither of the techniques if the tachycardia is followed by serious pain in the chest or a strong sense of air deficiency. In this case, you have to phone an ambulance.
Another thing to know is that increased heart rate is normal body reaction to some excitement or abdominal exercises. On the other hand, if it happens for no reason, that may be a symptom of a dangerous disease, so you must see a doctor.
Source: Bright Side