Onions are rich with antifungal and antibacterial properties, which makes them the key ingredient for keeping hair loss at bay. Moreover, onions are great follicle nourishment which can help restore the lost nutrients in the scalp.
As a result, they can minimize thinning and breakage of the hair. Due to their potent antioxidant properties, onions may even reverse the effect of premature graying. Plus, they will give the hair a shiny look.
According to research, onions might even reduce the chance slightly of developing head and neck cancer. In addition, they boost hair growth and blood circulation.
Onion Juice Recipe
To make your own onion juice, you will need to cut the onions into 4 pieces. Blend them all well in either a juicer or a grinder and add a little water. After the ingredients have combined well, use a muslin cloth to filter the juice.
This way, you will remove all the onion chunks that might get stuck in the hair.
Tips for Using Onion Juice
- To avoid flaky onion particles in the hair, make sure you filter the juice before applying it. To do this, use a muslin cloth.
- Before you directly apply the onion juice on your scalp, use it on some patches to see if you are allergic to it. If your scalp reacts badly to the onion juice, don’t wash your hair with it.
- Add a few drops of essential oils in the juice to get rid of the bad smell.
- Use a mild shampoo to wash your hair after you have applied the onion juice.
3 Ways to Use Onion Juice
Here are some ways you can try out to boost your hair health and prevent hair loss.
1. Onion Juice as a Hair Mask
To prepare this hair mask, you will need two tablespoons of onion juice, 2-3 drops of tea tree essential oil, and one egg. Mix everything together and apply the mask on your scalp and roots.
Cover your head with a shower cap that you can throw away later and let it rest for half an hour. After the time has passed, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
2. Improving Hair Growth with Onion Juice
To do this, all you have to do is pour 2 tablespoons of onion juice in a bowl and soak a cotton pad or ball in it. Apply the juice with the cotton pad on your scalp and let it rest for half an hour. After that, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
3. Onion Juice for Dandruff
To prepare this anti-dandruff remedy, you will need half a tablespoon of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of onion juice. Mix them well and massage the juice into the scalp with circular motions. Let it rest for 2 hours and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Have you tried using this remedy before? Leave us a comment and share this post with family and friends.