Many nutritionists recommend you consume this immensely popular drink, especially in the U.S. But, the real question is how healthy it is?
There are people that believe soy milk is not a great choice. The ingredients it contains can damage the thyroid and your health.
Therefore, you should look at the following list of all the ingredients soy milk contains, and how it can affect your health.
Ingredients in Soymilk
Here is a list of the ingredients in soymilk:
- Cane sugar
- Filtered water
- Sea salt
- Whole soybeans
- Vitamin A Palmitate
- Natural Flavor
- Calcium Carbonate
- Vitamin D2
- Vitamin B12
- Riboflavin (B2)
10 Reasons to Stop Drinking Soy Milk
1. Soy milk has compounds that resemble vitamin B12. In addition, these compounds are hard to process, which in turn might lead to B12 deficiency.
2. It contains a huge amount of contamination because of the numerous pesticides and it is 99% genetically modified.
3. If you drink a lot of soy milk, it can alter the menstrual cycles because of the anti-nutrients and natural toxins it contains.
4. The isoflavones it contains might stimulate the already existing breast cancer to grow and develop more quickly.
5. Soy can increase the need for vitamin D and B12.
6. The high level of phytic acid can affect the assimilation of magnesium, iron, calcium, zinc, and copper.
7. Moreover, it contains plant estrogens, also known as the phytoestrogen. They can interrupt the endocrine function and cause breast cancer and infertility in women.
8. Foods that have soy can have toxic aluminum, which can affect the kidneys and nervous system. Furthermore, there might be a connection with soy and Alzheimer’s.
9. When the soy proteins undergo processing under high temperature, they can become dangerous for human consumption and digestion.
10. Soy also has haemagglutinin, which can make your blood cells clump.
Soy Milk and Carrageenan
There are animal studies that show carrageenan as the cause for inflammation, lesions, colon cancer, and ulcerations.
Furthermore, it might even affect the insulin resistance and glucose tolerance, according to recent research by the American Diabetes Association. Therefore, you shouldn’t consume an excessive amount of soy milk.