The Secret to Staying Healthy: Get The Lymphatic System Moving

Spread the love

Most people have no idea about the role of the lymphatic system. Do you know that there is twice as much lymph as blood in your body? the lymphatic system is comprised of tissues and organs that eliminate toxins, waste, and unwanted material. This is actually your body’s natural sewage system.

The gut contains 80% of the immune cells. They are found in the gut-associated lymphatic tissue (GALT). It goes from your tonsils and adenoids in your throat to the colon.

The gut is actually the storehouse of the lymphatic system. White blood cells are the soldiers of your lymphatic system and are stored and produced in the thymus behind your heart, the spleen, appendix, bone marrow, and lymph nodes.

The most important role of the lymphatic system is the transport of lymph. It’s a fluid packed with white blood cells that fight infections. In other words, you won’t be healthy if your lymphatic system doesn’t work properly.

Your body pumps 90% blood and brings it back to the heart. The other 10 percent comprises the lymph. There’s no pump to move the lymph through the body.

1. Rings are too tight on fingers

2. Soreness and/or stiffness in the morning

3. Fatigue

4. Bloating / Water retention

5. Itchy skin

6. Weight gain and abdominal fat

7. Swollen glands

8. Poor immune response

9. Brain fog

10. Swollen and sore breast

11. Dry skin

12. Mild rash or acne

13. Hypersensitivity

14. Mild headaches

15. Elevated histamine and irritation caused by environmental allergens

16. Occasional constipation, diarrhea, and/or mucus in the stool

The congestion of your lymphatic system may be caused by several factors. John Douillard has listed three major causes:

1. Stress is the trigger of 80% of all chronic conditions. It has a detrimental effect and congests the lymphatic system.

2. Digestive disorders irritate the intestinal villi. Most of the lymph is concentrated in the gut which means that your villi have to do their job properly. This is important for the proper lymph flow, detoxification, immunity, and other processes.

3. The lack of iodine is a common trigger of lymphatic congestion. It helps the body to mitigate the effect of toxins and enhances the function of your lymphatic system.

Stimulate your lymphatic system

1. Physical activity

Exercising is one of the ways to get your lymph moving. Try jumping on a trampoline for 10-20 minutes every day. This is the easiest exercise for this purpose.

Popular  11 Things Psychologists Do to Get Rid of Stress

2. Infrared sauna

Saunas help you sweat toxins out of the body. The elimination of toxins helps your body regenerate tissues and the heat stimulates the flow of lymph.

3. Yin yoga

You should keep your body in every position for 3-10 minutes. The change of gravity you experience and the pressure you apply for help your lymph move around the body.

4. Walking

Your lungs need you to walk more often, and you can do this anywhere and anytime. Walk during breaks and don’t forget your breathing techniques.

5. Legs up on the wall

Lie on your back and elevate your legs against the wall to stimulate your lymph flow. This method also eases the elimination of toxins and improves your sleep.

6. Lymphatic drainage massage

Use a massage to assist your lymphatic system.

7. Standing desk

Spending your day in a chair is never a good idea. Get yourself a standing desk, and help your lymph move throughout the body.

8. Hydrotherapy showers

These are also known as hot ‘n cold showers. Go from hot to cold and the other way round for several times. These showers can do wonders for your lymphatic system.

9. Dry skin brushing

Brush your skin with a natural bristle brush to improve the flow of your lymph.

10. Deep breathing

Deep breaths stimulate the flow of your lymph. Experts at the Budwig Center has provided us with some great exercises:

— Stretch your arms to both sides and move them up while inhaling (through your nose). Make circles with your hands and expand your lungs. This expansion engages the thoracic duct and eases the flow. Hold your breath for a few seconds.

— Bring your arms down and exhale through your mouth. Don’t forget to make circles with your hands.

— Do this for a few times. You may feel light-headed, but that’s just your body eliminating toxins.

— It sure helps if you repeat “Wash the cells! Nourish the cells! Clean the cells!” while doing this exercise.

11. Healthy diet and water

Dehydration is a major cause of lymphatic congestion. Boost your water intake to get your lymph moving. Avoid processed foods and consume warm soups and drinks in winter. Opt for cool drinks and foods in summer. Eat raw fruits and vegetables on an empty stomach.


Spread the love
Do Not Sell My Personal Information